Creative and detail-oriented textile expert with over 10 years of experience in designing high-quality fabric patterns for fashion and home decor. Adept at leading design teams and collaborating with cross-functional departments to bring innovative textiles to market. Proven track record in trend forecasting and implementing sustainable design practices.
Lead Textile Designer
AAA Textiles, New York, NY | June 2015 – Present
- Spearheaded the design of an award-winning fabric collection, resulting in a 20% increase in company sales.
- Managed a team of 8 designers, fostering a collaborative environment that encouraged innovation and skill development.
- Partnered with production teams to ensure design integrity and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Implemented new software for pattern design, reducing design turnaround time by 30%.
BBB Fabrics, Los Angeles, CA | May 2010 – May 2015
- Developed over 300 original textile patterns, which were featured in major fashion magazines and trade shows.
- Conducted extensive research on sustainable materials, leading to the launch of an eco-friendly fabric line.
- Coordinated with marketing and sales teams to develop promotional materials for new fabric collections.
Master of Fine Arts in Textile Design
Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI | 2008 – 2010
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts
University of California, Los Angeles, CA | 2004 – 2008
- Expertise in CAD and textile design software (Adobe Suite, NedGraphics)
- Strong understanding of fabric properties and production techniques
- Proficient in color theory, weaving, and printmaking
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities
- Knowledge of sustainable design practices and materials
- Recipient of the "Innovative Textile Designer" award at the International Fabric Expo 2019
- Published an article on "The Future of Sustainable Textiles" in Design Today magazine
- Member, American Textile Designers Guild
- Member, Sustainable Design Alliance
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Fluent)
Please visit www.janedoetextiles.com to view my comprehensive portfolio and case studies of recent work.
This resume example is designed to help you weave your professional narrative in a way that highlights your expertise and passion for textile design. It’s structured to draw attention to your most impressive achievements and skills, setting the stage for you to make a strong impression on potential employers.